I am consistently posting monthly on my progress though, so does this kind of erase my tardiness? Probably not. But anyway, let’s move on and see how April went.
The three goals I wanted to accomplish last month:
- In April, I wanted to evaluate where to shop for our foods :: DONE! We eat whole foods as much as possible, and because of dairy & soy allergies present — buying food is not always an easy task. Then, watching an eye-opening food documentary had me reconsidering our meat sources. Needless to say, food is on the brain! So, I wrote out a list of where our food will come from :: i.e. Amazon (for some non-perishables such as coconut milk), local farms (for eggs, beef & poultry), fruits & vegetables (local farmer’s market), etc! I also decided on how often to order and shop for each thing as time spent there is not a favorite of mine — I’d rather be cooking. So excited to have this done!
- along food lines, we were to also plant our seeds for tomatoes, lettuces and other veggies :: DONE! My 8-yr old is really thrilled to watch the seedlings grow and cannot wait to transplant them outdoors.
- and lastly, I wanted to improve my photography skills :: MOVING ALONG! This is an ongoing goal, so who knows when I’ll actually be done. April was skimpy, but I did do one small photo project, using a few new buttons on the camera!
April went fairly well…on to May!
- Again, I am working on photography skills, especially taking pictures of people in natural lighting. So, this is an ongoing goal for now!
- I also want to finish our homeschool plans for next year and order any curriculum or books, games, etc. we will need (which is not much, thankfully). Our family takes a break in June and July, starting again in early August. For me to enjoy that break, the planning has to get out of the way!
- Finally, I want to wrap up organizing my seasonal planning notebooks (inspired by this post). These are 3-ring binders where all ideas for celebrating and keeping home & family life are kept. Six binders for every two months that includes recipes, family fun ideas, seasonal to-do lists and much more! I started this project about a year ago and have chipped away here & there at taking all my magazines, random notes and such and putting it into a notebook — almost done!
Alright, so there’s May and the plans for this month…
Tomorrow…a series of posts begins on pursuing God-ordained passions in God-ordained seasons –
what time is it in your life?