So, I’m a woman of few words this week…
Thanks for your patience.
When my heart is full to overwhelming, I am often short on ways to express it all ~ time is a friend as I sort thoughts and emotions. All this said, tomorrow I’ll offer a full report on The Relevant Conference last weekend!
Today, I leave you with another small gift :: one I’m making this week,
…food in place of words — not a bad exchange, true?
This recipe adapted from Vegan Soul Kitchen is so delicious.
Butternut Squash-Pear Soup
- 3 TBsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (white & tender green parts), chopped finely
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 lbs), peeled, seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 pears (about 1.5 lbs) peeled & chopped into pieces
- 5 cups chicken stock (use veggie stock to make vegan)
- coarse sea salt
- 1 – 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 sprigs thyme, minced (I used dried)
- freshly ground white pepper
:: in a medium-size saucepan over medium low heat, warm oil and cook leeks until soft, about 8-10 minutes. Add the squash and pears and cook for 5 minutes. Add stock and bring to boil. Lower the heat, add 1/2 teaspoon salt & simmer until squash is fork-tender.
:: Stir in the coconut milk, then puree the soup in batches in an upright blender or use immersion blender. Add soup back in saucepan, stir in thyme, and warm over low heat for a few minutes. Season with white pepper & salt to taste.
Yields 4 to 6 servings